Monday, March 13, 2006

Patch Statistics

Ever wondered how often people commit patches to Yhc?

Now, a nice graphical chart can show you:
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/temp/yhc-patches.html

Note that this page won't be around for ever, but I hope that once we have haddock documentation and regression tests running every night, slipping this in as well won't be too hard, or perhaps it might get into darcs-web.

The graph goes from Nov 2005 to present, and the current number of patches is about 340.

The tool for generating this graph is in the repo, under misc/DarcsGraph.hs - just run "darcs changes" to a file, and give that file to DarcsGraph.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just pointed in your direction -- I'm writing a Haskell compiler targetting .NET, however you have said YHC has a .NET(IL) backend, I was wondering whether there are any papers re: your approach.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Neil Mitchell said...

Hi Oliver, sorry - nothing has been documented, but all the code is there if you want. Also, feel free to hack on Yhc instead of writing your own compiler - there is still loads of work.

If you email the mailing list (yhc -AT- haskell.org) you might get a response from the guy who wrote the code.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah ha, my compiler is for my MSc, stopping writing it would be a bad thing :)

I'm more interested in approach, taken, in the vague hope that mine is different :)

12:53 AM  
Blogger Neil Mitchell said...

Oliver, email your question of to the list, and I'll try and answer it there, since my answer will be incomplete and other people are better at this area.

Good luck with your MSC :)

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home